Community Law In Action (CLIA) in partnership with Senator Jill Carter (District 41) is proud to announce our inaugural High School Oratory competition! The prompt is how can Baltimore become better/stronger when recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic?
Round 1 Contest guidelines:
- Be enrolled in a Baltimore City High School (Public or Private).
- Make a 60 second video responding to the oratory prompt.
- Post your video to your Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account.
- Tag Community Law In Action (@cliayouth).
- Use the Hashtag #CLIACares4bmore.
- A like from the CLIA page confirms we are in receipt of your video.
- Submission dealine, Saturday, April 25th, 2020.
A Panel of judges will assess the video on the following:
- Message/ Well-developed thesis
- Clarity/ diction
- Poise/body language
- Feasibility of ideas
Chosen contestants’ will move onto the second round. Videos will be uploaded to the CLIA website at www.cliayouth.org/oratory.
- Contestants’ should encourage family and friends to vote for their video.
- CLIA’s hundreds of supporters will be encouraged to choose their favorites.
- The video with the most amount of votes after one week will be our inaugural champion!
- The winner will receive a $100 visa gift card, feature in he CLIA Newsletter, and receive a citation from City Hall.